The new firmware version 7.8.8d works for both the Penetrator and Portable Penetrator.
You can install it both on the appliances or the VMware images.
The Portable Penetrator can do Wifi Security Auditing Cracking WEP WPA and WPA2 encrypted wifi networks.
Vulnerability scanning, vulnerability assessment and launching of real exploits.
To upgrade to the latest version you simple click the Advanced Menu -> Update -> Force Firmware
The detailed change log:
Penetrator & Portable Penetrator 7.8.8d - 23 February 2011
- More ways to download WPA/WPA2 Handshake.
- Updates to update text about web server reloading.
- Updates dictionaries to brute force options.
- Chrome 9.0.597.94.
- Fixed portscan in menu.
- New Launch exploits page.
- Made installation more easy
- Fixed CIDR range IP creation in New Account Creation
- Fixed CIDR Range IP creation in New Audit
- Aligned Back button in New Account creation
- Optimized speed while viewing many scans in list of scans and on welcome screen.
- Firefox 3.6.13.
- Latitude 2110 Screen Updates.
- Automatic update to exploits.
- Improved nVidia installation.
- Improved capturing of four way (4 way) wpa/wpa2 Handshake.
- Updates to exploits.
- You can now download the WPA/WPA2 handshake.