SecPoint Products / Protector /
Latest Protector UTM Appliance Version Firmware Change Log
More information on the Protector UTM Anti Spam Appliance
You can often read this page to see the latest development on Protector UTM Firewall.
You will see detailed change log list below including release notes.
Videos demonstrating the new features in the released firmware.
If you need any help to upgrade your Protector UTM Firewall you can always contact our support or live chat.
To upgrade firmware you login to the interface and click Advanced Menu -> Update -> Force Firmware.
Download Protector V38.0 Release Notes
Protector UTM Firewall 38.0 - December 2016
- Improved IPS Statistics page.
- New standard menu in the IPS statistics pages, similar to the Mail pages.
- Improvements in the Antivirus management, to avoid that occasionally its status turns into red
- Upgraded Content Filter configuration pages, to comply with the 64 bit.
- Faster boot up process.
- Firmware update improvements: Better management of the 64-bit versions
- Improved MD5 check indicator
- Faster cleanup files used during the update.
- MCP exact match: explained better what is meant by "exact match".
- 64 bit console: the IP address and the temperature were not shown.
- Improved Console menu with ID Number.
- Fixed a bug in the automatic update that caused the update not to start.
- New option to block Vbounce (NDR report) spam.
- New option to block RDNS spam.
- Text cleanup: Intrusion Prevention -> IPS.
- 64 bit IPS - New high speed event logger for the database.
- Improved rules management.
- Improvements to the web interface.
- Better explanation of the meaning and the consequences of whitelisting emails.
- New function to add IP addresses to the sender greylist.
- Updates to console.
- Updates to MD5 update.
- Updates to LDAP Install guide.
- Latest Firefox 50.x.
Protector UTM Firewall 36.5.4 - November 2016
- New High performance 64 Bit multicore support for traffic engine.
- New High performance 64 Bit IPS engine.
- New High performance 64 Bit Content Filter engine.
- New improved web filter engine.
- New easy guide for TLD spam blocking such as .stream , .science and other spam TLD.
- New Firefox 49.0.2.
Protector UTM Firewall 36.0.7 - October 2016
- Improved boot network state.
- Improved AV web filter support..
- Backend fixes.
- Added 5x HD Support videos in Web GUI Interface.
- Mail Server Edit MX Record video.
- Mail Server block file extension video.
- Firewall Profiles video.
- Anti Virus Esets video.
- Firewall Mail Relay video.
Protector UTM Firewall 34.9.9 - September 2016
- Improved Anti Virus configuration.
Protector UTM Firewall 34.9.3 - August 2016
- 64 Bit enhancements.
- Anti Spam Engine improvements.
Protector UTM Firewall 34.8.5 - July 2016
- New Mail server 64 Bit.
- General 64 Bit system updates and improvements.
- Faster Firmware install time.
- Reduced Firmware size.
Protector UTM Firewall 34.8.1 - July 2016
- 64 Bit Linux ISO.
- Updated AV Images.
- Improved certificate operation.
Protector UTM Firewall 34.6.1 - July 2016
Download Protector V34.5 Release Notes
- Option to reset the network card information added to the Reboot function.
- Better management of warnings in the SMTP setup; better description of the actions to perform to remove warnings.
- Display fix: in the Web Proxy Setup there were some parts overlapping in Chrome.
- The Protector can be used as a Mail Relay Server not only for own domains.
- Database backup: realignment of sequence counters are after a database has been restored.
- Broken link fixed in the Force Database Update page.
- Mail attachment blocking: function redesigned to show blocked domain/direction; easy block of file extension; fixed data entry of regular expressions.
- Bugfix in LDAP: some email addresses could not be read.
- New algorithm to block file attachments.
- Smart host relay: allow userid/password on all the smart host servers.
- Improved Content Filter.
- New option to customize the threshold that triggers the bad status on the Output Mail Queue.
- Mail attachment blocking: new import/export function.
- New antivirus Esets integration.
- Updated domain whitelist.
- Updated IPS Whitelist.
- Improved parsing function for the SSL VPN log file.
- Improved Block Country function in the Firewall: fixed a bug that prevented to save changes to the list.
- Improved Firewall Presets have been turned into Profiles. New graphics to display the restriction level.
- New antispam process installed on units with OS version 14.x. Latest antispam definition files.
- New mail transfer agent installed, added compatibility with IPV6-enabled smtp servers.
- Protector for ict service providers.
- Improved standalone mail server to optimize outgoing sending of mail
and relay server capacity.
- Improved start messages at console login.
- Firefox 47.
- Improved X11 startup speed.
- Update to boot menu.
- Fixed SMTP advanced page enable TLS when it has been turned off.
- Fixed bug Turn on the firewall, the IPS keeps recording intrusions.
Protector UTM Firewall 34.2.2 - April 2016
Download Protector V34.0 Release Notes
- Easily block web access to Social media with Web Filter blacklisting and HTTPS block.
- Improved Anti Virus Backend - Updates to BitDefender.
- Improvement to the installation Wizard.
- Better algorithm to point out the cause when the outgoing mail queue becomes too long.
- Mail Proxy has been added to the Module Control Panel, to enable/disable from the home page.
- Whitelist and Configuration page have been merged for both Web Proxy and Mail Proxy.
- The Send report flag on new Antispam users is automatically enabled + new option added to the Antispam setup page.
- Active Directory menus and pages for mail have been reorganized.
- The DNS check has been added to the System Status.
- Database Update interval: new function to set frequency.
- New function to check for good status of nslookup, to avoid that mails remain in the queue due to a nslookup timeout.
- SQL check: new function to check for sql health, added to the System Status.
- Better check for Protector online/offline, to avoid that the status is Offline when the gateway cannot be pinged.
- DMZ: a static routing for DMZ is only added for appliances with a DMZ network card.
- DMZ: more emphasis and better description for NAT.
- The Internet network card has been renamed to WAN.
- Spam report fix: the report was not delivered when usernames in the quarantine database are not mail addresses
- Firewall: some sample default policies have been created
- LCD menu for new appliances
- New menu item Mail Archiver
- Added 3x new HD Support Video
- Updated 80+ support videos
Protector UTM Firewall 32.5.4 - December 2015
Download Protector V32.5 Release Notes
- Updates to backend AV timeout.
- Updates to backend AV.
- Improved HD support Video integration.
Protector UTM Firewall 32.5.2 - November 2015
Download Protector V32.5 Release Notes
- Improved DMZ setup: new function to configure DMZ IP and port forwarding.
- Improved Static routing: improvement to allow "device" routes.
- Grey filter: new function to whitelist senders entire domain.
- Option to enable antivirus checks on the web filter.
- Firewall: New default configuration files and new function to reset defaults configuration.
- Option to allow the Mail Transfer Agent to listen on port 25 even if SSL has been enabled.
- Certificate upload: better check on the validity of certificates.
- Anti spam login: improved check for user authentication on LDAP server.
- The boot sequence has been improved and made compatible to the newest hardware units P7 Rack.
- The CPU temperature check has been adapted to the newest OS version.
- Better check in the Protector's hostame entry field, to avoid blanks in hostnames.
- More visibility for the Download Mails function.
- Firmware update: removed update of old web pack.
- Better description of encryption methods.
- Fix on NDR antispam: it may happen that the configuration files are overwritten and the function doesn't work properly.
- Display fix: sometimes in the Edit Banned Phrases function, the list exceeded the right margin.
- Fix: ssh could occasionally start at boot even if it wasn't enabled.
- Fix on greylist: when the exclusion list contained only domains and no email addresses the greylist module could not start.
- SSL VPN fix: reset the initialization flag on a forced stop of the SSL VPN.
- Upgraded OpenSSH.
- Upgraded Firefox 42.x.
- Upgraded Sendmail.
- Added 4x HD Support Videos.
Protector UTM Firewall 32.2.4 - October 2015
- Web Proxy Large File Support.
Protector UTM Firewall 32.2.2 - July 2015
- Backend updates.
- 8 new Diagram banners.
- Updates to Firewall DMZ configuration.
- Updates to Firewall Menu.
Protector UTM Firewall 32.0.9 - May 2015
- Backend updates.
- Updates to High Availability.
Protector UTM Firewall 32.0.4 - April 2015
Download Protector V30.5 Release Notes
- New Stats and logs section.
- New Icons.
- New Console added.
- Improved menus.
- Firefox 36.x Series.
Powerful UTM Firewall, Vulnerability Scanner, WiFi Penetration
SecPoint is specialized to deliver the best IT security solutions and products.
Securely protected by SecPoint